Interview With Ms.Muro

Freddy Altamirano, Contributor

I decided to interview one of my favorite and hard-working teachers, Ms. Muro and ask questions about herself and a bit about school.

1. What is your favorite place to visit or would like to visit? Why?

“I would like to visit Mexico City because its the center of all of our roots and also the pyramids and the ruins are pretty cool, but a common place for me to visit would be a walk around my neighborhood.”  

2. If you could have one thing what would it be and why?

“If I could have one thing I would choose to be the same age forever because then I can do more fun things and get to enjoy things that I have never done.” 

3. What was your favorite school subject and which one was your least favorite? Why?

“English is my favorite school subject because I like the stories about life and knowing the characters like in the book ‘Their Eyes Were Watching God.'” 

4. Do you have a favorite sport? If you do which one and why?

“A favorite sport would be basketball because I played it for 8 years before and I do miss playing it.”

5. Name a book that you like to read with or without your students. Describe the book and tell why you chose it.

“‘Their Eyes Were Watching God’ I like to read the book because her writing is beautiful and it shows us many different themes about her.” 

6. What is your favorite type of food and why?

“My favorite type of food is to eat carne asada, but maybe one from a taco truck because why not?! It’s good!”

7. If you could have any car what would it be? Why?

“If I could have any car! I would get a new car every 10 years because I love them, but I would love to have a Maserati or a Cadillac CTS in both white and black rims. Leather seats all the time!”

8. How do you feel about noise in your classroom and why?

“What I think about noise? Well if it’s productive noise, than it’s not a problem, but if it’s from students not doing anything, then it might be a problem.”

9. In your opinion, what are the biggest challenges that teachers face today and why?

“I think not being able to balance family time with class time because prepping for our classes take time as well and its hard to do both. We do love our families too.” 

10. Without giving any names, describe the most challenging student you’ve ever taught and why?

“None of them are challenging because I don’t feel challenged. I feel like I could teach anyone, but the students that I think are challenging, are the ones that don’t show up! Because then I can’t teach them.”