Meet An Editor!

Greetings, I will like to welcome you to our newspaper website, hhsvoyager.org. My name is Blanca Chavez and I am one of the Hueneme High School Newspaper editors. Reading and writing is something that I am fascinated by. This is the main reason why I decided to join the Hueneme High School Newspaper staff; I wanted to take it to the next level. As of today, the Hueneme High newspaper has expanded my horizons. Not only do I get to read the stories that our contributors submit to be published, but I also get the opportunity to write my own stories and publish them for the public to read. The best thing about being part of the newspaper staff is that I get to interact with students that I can share my love of reading and writing with.

Now I will answer a few questions that will help me tell you more about my self.

Q: How long have you been at Hueneme High?

A:  I have been attending Hueneme High for three years; Freshman, Junior, and Senior year.

Q: What do you like about Hueneme High?

A: What I like about Hueneme High are the teachers and the councilors. They are always willing to help you prioritize your education and guide you through your four years of high school.

Q: Are you in any extra curricular activities?

A: I am in the Hueneme High JV swim team.

Q: What is your favorite subject, and why?

A: My favorite subject is English because I love to read, write and learn about literature.

Q: Why did you become an editor?

A: I became an editor because my experience in the newspaper last year was fascinating and enticing . As a result, that led me to take the offer of becoming an editor.

Q: Would you recommend students to be part of the Hueneme High Newspaper, and why?

A: I recommend students that like to speak up, and let their voice be heard to become part of the newspaper. The newspaper helps students gain more knowledge on diverse topics, helps them gain better writing and reading skills, and helps develop them at the max.

Q: What are your plans after high school?

A: I want to go to Ventura College and major in Psychology, then tranfer to CSUCI.

Q: What are your favorite after school activities?

A: The after school activities that I enjoy doing are; hiking, running on the beach, skating and when I just want to relax, I sit back and read a book, or watch Netflix.

Q: Name your most memorable high school experience.

A: Well my most memorable high school experience was when I became part of the Huneme HIgh Swim Team, and as of today becoming one of  the Hueneme High News Paper editors.

Q: As a senior, what advice would you give to other Huneme High students?

A: The only advice that I give to HHS students is that no matter who your teacher is; whether he or she gives you homework, ALWAYS be respectful! Never rebel against their advice or instructions,  keep an open mind, and learn to live by the golden rule. High school will be a memorable experience and the best of all, you will graduate with a diploma.