Which Hogwarts House are you?

Ximena Ortega, Contributor

Fan of the Harry Potter series? Need to know whether you believe that you belong in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, or Ravenclaw? This will be descriptions of each house and some known members of each house. This is for you decide which you’re in. I’m a Hufflepuff by the way.

Gryffindor: Members of the Gryffindor house are seen emphasize traits of courage along with daring, nerve and chivalry. Gryffindors are also known to be brave and athletic. Although, others point out that they are self righteous, arrogant, have no regard for rules, and enjoy to take place in “pointless heroics”. Known members are Harry Potter, Everyone in the Weasley family, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore and Rubeus Hagrid.

Slytherin: Known rivals to Gryffindors, Slytherins are known to achieve their ends. They are cunning and ambitious but is the house produces some of the darkest people and are’t afraid to admit it. They have a tendency to look after their own and not leave each other behind. Similar to the Ravenclaw house, they strive to do their best.Known members are Severus Snape, Merlin, Draco Malfoy, Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.

Ravenclaw: Members of the house are chosen by their wit, learning, intellect and wisdom. They are known to be academically motivated and talented people. They tend to pride themselves by their original ideas and methods. Ravenclaws tend to be curious about the world and pay attention to the world around them. Ravenclaws are known to be logical and rational. Even so, not all Ravenclaws were motivated by academic prowess. Known members are Filius Flitwick and Tulip Karasu.

Hufflepuff: Hufflepuff is the most inclusive of the four houses; valuing hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty and fair play. Students in this house are known to be honest and impartial along with what they value. It may be that due to their values, Hufflepuffs are not as competitive. Hufflepuff students are also known to have a strong moral code, a sense of right and wrong, accepting of everyone, and treat everyone as an equal. What makes Hufflepuff differ from the other houses is that it doesn’t boast about accomplishments. Known members are Fat Friar, Nymphadora Tonks, Cedric Diggory and Silvanus Kettleburn.

Information Sources: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff

Picture Credit: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff

Featured Picture Credit: Hogwarts