The Voyager

Endangered Animals

Oscar Silva, Contributor

1.Amur leopard- There is less than 70 individuals thought to exist to this day. It is hunted and killed for its amazing fur, its habitat is being destroyed for urbanized areas.

Image: Flickr

2. Gorillas-There are currently only 200-300 Cross River Gorillas left in the wild, and 900 Mountain Gorillas and their live spam of the gorilla is typically around 30-40 years.

3. Orangutan-  There is less than 55,000 of this species usually solitary or live in groups of fewer than three, making them difficult to track and study and although people have these animals as their pets.

Image: Public Domain Pictures

4. Sea Turtles- Nearly all species of sea turtle are classified as Endangered. Slaughtered for their eggs, meat, skin and shells, sea turtles suffer from poaching and over-exploitation. They suffer from habitat destruction and accidental  captures in the fishing gear. 

Image: Wikipedia

5. Sumatran Tiger- They are the last of Indonesia’s tigers and live in the remaining patches of tropical forests on the islands of Sumatra. There is less than 400 of these beautiful. They are poached for their fur.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Image: Flickr

Oscar Silva, Contributor

Hello there! My name is Oscar Silva, also known as Chukky!!. I’m currently a senior at HHS. I am 17 years old. I’m really passionate and disciplined...