The Voyager

What is Warhammer 40k?

Brycen Cusson, Contributor

Looking for a new Hobby?

You should take a look at Warhammer 40k, Warhammer 40k is a dark dystopian si-fi series with elements of fantasy to mix things up a little.

Published by Games Workshop, WH40k (Warhammer 40k) fist came out in 1987 in the form of the game “Rouge Trader” based of the Warhammer fantasy games, since then WH40k has had many games from table top strategy games to 3rd person shooters, Also dozens of books have been written, many different events and dozens of different story lines with hundreds of characters and factions.

Speaking of factions, there is many factions but none of them can quite be called the “good guys” as each of them is equally dark but also each has a redeeming quality of there own. These factions range from the Brutal totalitarian dictatorship that is the imperium of man to the twisted daemon worshiping cults known as chaos, as well as aliens  species such as the war hungry orks or the sophisticated eldar every faction has a different feel when you play them and everything about the world is well thought out with enough lore to keep anyone interested for years and not to mention the fact that the lore leaves room for creativity to create your own lore.

And the Community is very diverse with players all over the world most players have a favored faction and will all ways try to prove theirs is the best, this creates a strong sense of competition, but no matter what side you’re in this game this brings many together and forms strong friendships (even if your always fighting over what faction is best) so if your ever bored and want to find a new game or book series try looking into Warhammer 40k.

Brycen Cusson, Contributor

I'm Brycen, although I normally go by Cusson or Bryce. I'm in NJROTC and I'm enlisted in the delayed entry program for the Marine Core I ship out to basic...