Benefits of Life in the Military

Brycen Cusson, Contributor

The Military is more then just fighting on the front lines, there is many other jobs, opportunities and benefits to life in the Military.

When you enlist in the Military many paths open up for you, first of all basic training also called boot camp is an experience you will never forget. Basic training serves to not only get you in shape but prepare you for hardships of life as well as mold you into a better person.

They teach you to uphold the core values and to be a better citizen as well as a person, teaching discipline, responsibility, attention to detail [etc] and these are skills that many employers look for in their employees.

Another benefit of enlisting is free job training, the military offers hundreds of jobs from chiefs to mechanics, and no matter what job you choose you will be given free training for it and can even use that training as collage credits. on top of that the military will pay for collage no matter your job or how long you have served they will pay for everything, lastly many collages won’t even look at your high school transcript or test scores because it looks better for them the more veterans they have at their school.

Also the military guarantees your pay every month and there is plenty of downtime, even while on leave you still receive payment for the days your not working.

Additionally, most living expenses are payed for your housing, utilities, even food the galley will serve active duty for free (and the food is pretty damn good), your housing on base is free and if you choose to live off base you will be given a housing allowance to help pay for rent.

Lastly Travailing, both on and off duty you can travel for free around the world. With Space-A travel you can travel to and from any U.S Military base around the world at no cost to you.

The Military is a Great place to start your career or even stay in for your career if you serve for 20 years, after retirement you will still receive half your original payment every month.

For those of you have Considered it I highly recommend it even if you don’t make it a career you will still learn many useful skills that will give you an advantage in life and you can say you have served your country something to take pride in as very few do.

Image Courtesy of Military.com