The Voyager

The 2019 BMW M2

Back to Article
Back to Article

The 2019 BMW M2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexprevot/26853359385

Juan Vazquez, contributor

Image result for BMW M2Picture Courtesy Of : Flickr

We all known that hotter BMW M2 has been in the works for quite some time now and now it is finally here. This 2019 M2 gets a real M engine from its big brothers the M3 and the M4. That engine is the S55. The S55 M engine is a 3.0 liter with twin turbo inline six making about 405 horsepower and 406 lb ft of torque that is a great improvement from the previous M2 engine. This S55 makes about 40 hp and 63 lb ft over the standard M2 engine. The M2 engine is paired with a standard six speed manual transmission. There is also a seven speed dual clutch Transmission that remains optional for buyers to choose from. This 2019 M2 is 0.1 seconds quicker to 60 mph than the standard M2. The manual car going 0-60 in 4.2 seconds while the dual clutch car does it in a impressing 4.0 seconds dead. The redline also increases on the 2019 M2 from 7000 rpm to 7600 rpm this all thanks to a new lightweight forged crankshaft. To keep the engine cool the cooling system comes off the M4 Competition Package. It uses a large central radiator with two smaller side radiators. with this  M2 there’s also an engine-oil cooler that will come on the manual and on the dual clutch car. The dual clutch and the manual cars are get a transmission oil cooler too. Besides an engine upgrade the M2 also gets the front and rear axles that  come straight off the M3/M4. They also given the M2 the under hood carbon fiber strut brace. For extra stiffness they mounted the rear subframe on to the body without any rubber bushings. To stop a powerful car like the M2 they added bigger brakes all around. Now this M2 comes with  six piston calipers for the front and four piston calipers at the rear of the car. The M2 Competition’s is set to launch this summer but it is expect to be somewhat pricier than the current M2’s that starts at MSRR of $54,500. BMW will announce the pricing of the M2 Competition’s before the car relies. Once this M2 Competition launch  it will be the only M2 available.

Info Courtesy Of : R&T