The YES Academy

The YES Academy

Maria Lopez, Contributor

The YES Academy is a program that teaches students about little kids and how they are when they start to develop their needs and independence, we also get to learn about colleges and universities.

The YES Academy stands for Youth Educational Services. We do volunteer work and also we go to colleges and universities to learn about how each will benefit us if we want to apply.

When you sign up for the YES Academy, we get to put in classes that involves with the education of kids development.  You also get to be with the same students on a daily bases. The reason we have the students in the same class is because we want the students to work together and learn about each other.

When the students are seniors they get to be put in a class that is called Teaching and Learning . This class is about getting ready to manage a classroom and how we get taught to manage children that are the ages 3-5 years.

When it the last two months of the school year, we get to experience what it’s like to manage a classroom of children that are the ages of 3-5 and we get to learn how we can connect with every child. We plan lessons and plan activities to do with the children, and once its the end of the second month we plan a little graduation for them.

When we are in the academy, each grade will go to a retreat in the end of the school year or in the middle of the school year.

We do a lot of fundraising in order to pay for the retreats and money for scholarships. At the end of the school year our teachers of the YES Academy will give a couple students money for scholarships.