George Lopez

George+Lopez

Moses Sanchez, Contributor

Actor and comedian George Lopez was born April 23, 1961 in Mission Hills, California. He was raised with his mother until he turned around 11 and his mother abandoned to move in with her new husband. Leaving George with his grandparents through out his middle school and high school years. All of Lopez’s life he thought his father died when he was a young age but after he graduated high school and started to become well known his Aunt reached out to George to tell him that his dad is alive he just abandoned his family at a very young age. Lopez spent most of his adult life searching trying to find out what happened to his father Anatasio Lopez and where he was his whole life. Soon that goal slowly started to fade and he gain insperation and by the late 1980s he became a full time comedian. Lopez was playing clubs around the country and appearing on television shows and comedy specials using his painful experiences as material for his stand up comedy. Soon after he received his own the show we all know him by “The George Lopez Show”. The series lasted till March 27, 2002, to May 8, 2007. He was also the first Latino to host their own late night talk show called Lopez Tonight. Which premiered November 9, 2009 and the talk show lasted till On August 10, 2011, TBS announced the cancellation of “Lopez Tonight”. Through out the past years Lopez has featured in many well known movies such as “Spare Parts” (2015)  and Meet the Blacks (2016) . George Lopez suffered a kidney transplant in 2005 which inspired him start his own foundation to help raise awareness about kidney and organ donations, which he still continues to run till this day.

https://georgelopezfoundation.org/

Picture Courtesy: Flickr