Tribute to you : Officer Martin

Officer Martin was our second father to most of us. He cared for us and helped us when we needed him as a good officer will because that was his job. Getting the news that one of our Viking family members passed away was very heartbreaking. He was a really good person who had a major impact on the students here at HHS. He will be forever missed.                          – With love and respect – Saray Cortez

He was a very good friend of mine for about 15 years. He and I would have our ups and downs at this school. I confided in him because he always kept it 100%. When he needed to tell you something he was always straight up. He was a Lakers fan and I was a Clippers fan and when I would wear my Clippers gear he would always have something to say about them. We would always play around like that. He was a great gentleman and he has my total respect. I will forever miss him.                                             – Your good friend. – Coach Moody

I went to high school with him so when I would see him it would be like a throwback to high school. Around school, I would talk to him at times like “how’s your day or are there any more donuts left in the office?” We would also joke around. We knew a lot of the same people so we got along very well. As I saw here at HHS he had a great relationship with most of the students. He was a very good person and meant so much to the kids here. He will be dearly missed.

– Officer Martin’s memory will be forever in our hearts – Mrs. Burkhart 

“MORS CERTA, HORA INCERTA”, A Latin phrase meaning “the time of death is always uncertain”. I didn’t know Officer Martin too well but I’ve had my chats with him here and there. They were always about “how’s the weather or how’s your day,” stuff like that. He always made me feel like this was a safe environment to be. Although I can’t relate to the pain you might be feeling, I do hope you all recover from your loss. RIP Officer Martin 

– Student @ HHS 

I didn’t know Officer Martin but he seemed like a nice guy. I would always see him during nutrition and lunch, and see him interact with all the students here at HHS. If you have any emotions don’t bottle them up inside you, it would be so much better to let your emotions out. We are always going to miss our Viking. RIP Officer Martin.

– Student @ HHS

Rest in Paradise Officer Martin. You were here at HHS to make this school safe and you did. You were always chill with us and I will pray for your family. I know you’re in a great new place. RIP Officer Martin.    

– Student @ HHS

” Good people pass away; The godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. NO one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come, for those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die.                                   

– ISAIAH 57: 1-2