The Voyager

Wild Card Weekend!

Rodolfo Reza, Contributor

Wild Card Weekend is over and the playoff bracket is starting to fill in, here is your review of these Wild Card match ups.

1.

Image result for titans vs chiefs 

ESPN

Titans came up on top Saturday with an upset win of 22-21 over the Chiefs. Alex Smith lead the team on top of the first half with a lead of 21-3. That didn’t seem to stop Mariota and the Titans as he was 19/31 for 205 yards and threw 2 touchdown passes to veteran wide receiver, Eric Decker, and to Mariota himself. Despite failing to convert two consecutive 2 point conversions, Titans came on top and now they will advance to the divisional round to face Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

2 .

Image result for rams vs falcons

YouTube

Sean McVay and his young L.A. team were no match for Matt Ryan and his explosive offense. Matt Ryan was 21/30 for 218 yards and 1 touchdown. Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman combined for 106 yards in the ground game as well. Atlanta will now move on to the divisional round to face the number 1 seed, the Philadelphia Eagles.

3.

YWH Network

Maybe one of the most unlikely candidate to reach the post season. The Buffalo Bills went into Jacksonville on Sunday to face the Jaguars. Tyrod Taylor was 17/37 and passed for 134 and 1 interception, unfortunately the Bills were only able to put up 3 points and were no match for the Jaguars who will move on to face Big Ben in Pittsburgh .

4.

image_print 

Carolina went into the Superdome this Sunday to face Drew Brees and “the two headed monster” in the backfield with Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara. Unfortunately for the Saints, Ron Rivera and his defense were able to stop the run game as Ingram and Kamara both averaged for 19 carries and 45 yards. Sadly for the Panthers, that wasn’t enough to beat Drew Brees and the passing game as Brees was 23/33 and threw for 376 yards and 2 touchdowns to take the Saints to the divisional round to face the Vikings.

ESPN

Fox Sports