The Voyager

NCAA Basketball

Marco Andrade, Contributor

College basketball has finally returned and new talented young men have arrived to make this experience great again. Like every year teams have recruited amazing players and become a power house which means that they will be the team to beat. Since the start there has been teams that are demonstrating to everyone else that they will not go down easily even when they face an opponent that is known to be better then them. The team that looks the strongest this year would have to be Duke. They are undefeated so far and don’t look like they will be loosing any time soon.

What teams have the best chance to win this years championship?

There are many teams that have a strong chance at winning but only a couple stand out. So far the people have been saying that Duke is overrated and that they will choke once real competition comes at them. Like in recent past years Kentucky is once again one of the favorites to win the championship. North Carolina, Villanova, and Kansas are also in the mix of being one of the favorites to win. One key player for each would be Marvin Bagley III foe Duke, Kevin Knox for Kentucky, Luke Maye for North Carolina, Jalen Brunson for Villanova, and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk for Kansas.

Which players will have an outstanding season and why?

There is a lot of talent in each player but there are some that have been proving to everyone that they will be the ones that they will have to outshine. Marvin Bagley III is known as the best freshmen this year in college basketball since he was ranked the number 1 senior in Sport Center last year. His ability to score around the basket and shoot the ball gives him an advantage and also his team. Marvin is also an excellent re-bounder and the height and length of his arms make it easier for him to rebound. Another player that has been doing great so far is Trae Young averaging 28.8 points per game and is said to be the next Steph Curry because of his ability to shoot the ball from almost anywhere when crossing half court. One more thing about Trae is that he is not afraid to attack the basket when there is bigger guys in front of him. He can finish fairly well near the rim but that will soon change ones he gets more practice doing that. One last thing that makes his game on offense much harder to guard is his ability to pass the ball. He is averaging 8.8 assist per game, that unselfish basketball he plays is what will make him become a superstar in the future.