The student news site of Hueneme High School

The Voyager

Popular Sports in the US

NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 11: A general view during the fifth inning of the game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the New York Yankees at Citi Field on September 11, 2017 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. The two teams were scheduled to play in St. Petersburg, but due to the weather emergency caused by Hurricane Irma, the game was moved to New York, but with Tampa Bay remaining the

NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 11: A general view during the fifth inning of the game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the New York Yankees at Citi Field on September 11, 2017 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. The two teams were scheduled to play in St. Petersburg, but due to the weather emergency caused by Hurricane Irma, the game was moved to New York, but with Tampa Bay remaining the "home" team. (Photo by Steven Ryan/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Marco Andrade, Contributor

There has been many sports created at this point but there are some that the people from the US like the most. The most played sports are American football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.

Clickon

American football is the most played here in the US. With 38 percent having it as their favorite sport. The fans that like football are very energetic and really get into the games even when they are just little kids playing. This sport is slowly spreading across the world. Rugby is like football but with no patting and that is the sport that many countries have nationally.

The Big Lead

Basketball being the second favorite sport in the US has already spread across the world and every time the Olympic Games come around the countries form their team and compete for the gold metal. In the US  basketball only has 15 percent of being a favorite sport only one percent higher than baseball.