The student news site of Hueneme High School

The Voyager

Top 10 Best Special Ops Units!

Kevin Cuen, Conributor

When it comes to fighting bad guys or terrorist the best thing to do is bring in a counter-terrorist group. Most countries have on in fact the U.S practically has two of the best counter-terrorist groups. Here are the top ten counter-terrorist special forces.

1. Image result for gign LogoGIGN, France: The GIGN is one of the best counter terrorist teams, this team was created during 1973 and have fought in hostage rescues and extraction until present time but before the group was called Gendarme Parachute Squadron or EPIGN for short.
  2. Image result for jw grom logoJW GROM, Poland:  This group was formed in July 13 1990 and was named Grupa Realizacji Operacji this organization has been fighting terrorists and even helped the U.S in counter terrorist attacks.
  3. Image result for ssg pakistan logoSSG, Pakistan: This military group is the largest special ops unit they are involved with SAS which is the British forces and also involved with all Pakistan military branches.
  4. Image result for delta force logoDelta Forces, united States: The delta forces is the hardest and most challenging branch to get into in the us army, This counter terrorist group is a worldwide act which mean they go anywhere in the world to fight the war against terrorism they are most knows for the Islamic war.
  5. Image result for gsg 9 logo    GSG 9, Germany: The border protection group 9 wad formed on April 17th 1973 After many failed missions by normal German police. This group was ranked one of the best since the Olympic attack on Munich.
  6. Image result for navy seals logoNavy Seals, United Sates: This operation has been preforming in the air, land, and sea since the special navy command started this operation, the navy seals have preformed the best in Iraq and in the middle East.
  7. Image result for Russian Spetsnaz SymbolSpetnaz, Russia: The Spetnaz Russian group is one of the hardest and most feared group because of the training they need to go through, the training in which the Spetnaz do is not even legal in the U,S and in the middle east that’s how bad it is.
  8. Image result for JTF2 SymbolJTF2, Canada: this Canadian special group is one of the best because of the training and how long they need to survive in the cold. The JTF2 is one of the newest but also one of the best in the world.
  9. Image result for bope SymbolBope, Brazil: the Brazilian counter terrorist group is set to be the toughest because they are constantly having to deal with extractions or just basic crimes but also they have to survive in the hardest environment like the jungle, beach and air.
  10. Image result for british sas SymbolThe British S.A.S, England: This British operation unit is the biggest but the most secret, if you know a S.A.S member its maybe because he is retired but it is discrete information to let anyone know that your in the special ops.