The student news site of Hueneme High School

The Voyager

Are Tensions in North Korea Rising?

An underwater test-fire of strategic submarine ballistic missile is pictured in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) in Pyongyang on April 24, 2016. KCNA/via REUTERS/File Photo. ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY. EDITORIAL USE ONLY. REUTERS IS UNABLE TO INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THIS IMAGE. SOUTH KOREA OUT.

REUTERS

REUTERS

Kevin Cuen, Contributor

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin Said North Korea’s missile launches are very dangerous. There has currently been a couple of missile tests going on in Pyongyang but Korea denies the actions. The biggest question is if the U.S is in reach of any of those missiles here is a picture that will show you the total area coverage of the missiles.

As seen in the picture above it is said North Korea can only reach Guam a military base, or possibly Hawaii but that is very unlikely. Putin has said to never underestimate the power of Kim Jong-un  because he may have something up his sleeve that may be very tragic. So in my opinion tensions in North Korea are rising but it is not likely for them to launch anything.

Credit: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/15/europe/north-korea-putin-russia-missile/index.html