The student news site of Hueneme High School

The Voyager

all types of wolves around the planet

Mauricio Hernandez, Contributor

1. Ethiopian wolf  is a wolf that has long legs and it’s body is a medium size you might confuse him with a fox, foxes have different colors like red, brown and some white. They are not as dangerous than others wolfs as they mostly eat rodent.Image result for Ethiopian Wolf Baby
  2. The Red Wolf these types of wolves may have the same feature as the Ethiopian wolf but their coats are red with big ears. They mostly live in Texas, Louisiana they eat small prey when alone but when in a pack they eat deer or cattle.Image result for the red wolf pup
  3. Indian wolf is a medium size wolf and its color is reddish along with their coat being smaller than any other wolf because they are live in hotter places. They eat small animals for example rodents, rabbits, and raccoons.Image result for indian wolf pups
  4. Eastern wolf are medium size that have a light brown and reddish coat. People then get them confused with a husky since they have the same features. When they hunt in packs they hunt for deer, moose and a black bear but when they are alone rodents, beaver muskrat. Image result for eastern wolf pups
  5. Himalayan wolf are a newer species of wolves, there is still some stuff people don’t know about them. They hunt small or medium sized animals but sometimes they might kill a large prey.Image result for Himalayan Wolf Puppy
  6. The Grey wolf  are medium sized, they’re coats are brown, gray, black, red, and white. They eat small or large animals when they are in a pack, like most wolves  they are stronger together than alone. Image result for grey wolf puppies
  7. The Arctic Wolf have very interesting color since it’s the only type of wolves with a coat as white as snow. Because these wolves lives in extremely cold temperatures, they’re coats are twice as thick then a normal wolf. They eat caribou and muskoxen, these animal might be bigger then their bodies but they are excellent hunters when they are with their pack they may eat up to 20 pounds.Image result for artic wolf puppiesSource: http://www.wolfworlds.com/wolf-species/    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/138556126015002924/