5 Species Almost Extinct
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Every day there is an animal being killed, it can be a super rare one to a neighborhood cat or dog. The interesting fact about this is what will happen when most animals that build our ecosystem die, here are some species that are close to extinction:
- The Mekong giant Cat Fish: This Water creature can go up to 650 lbs, these creatures are being hunted in the southern part of Asia for their giant posture the sad part is there is reportedly only hundred of them left.
- Polar Bear:The polar bear can be found in the polar circumference which is reported for their to only be 25,000 left the cause of this is global warming which causes these animals to die of heat.
- Giant Panda: the giant panda set to be in China,
Vietnam, Burma This is one of the most majestic animals to date in my opinion. there is only 2,00 pandas left and the cause to this is people hunt these animals for money but it is illegal.
- The Borneo pygmy Elephant: This elephant is set to be one of the biggest of its kind it is only found in Borneo this is another animal that is being hunted for money therefore leaving the species to be only 1,500 of its kind.
- The Sumatran Tiger: This tiger is only to be found in Indonesia there is fewer than 600 of its kind this animal is also being hunted for its skin and other parts.